While apicha community health center strives to be a continuing resource for LGBT health, there are many other helpful tools available.
The CDC, or Center for Disease Control and Prevention, is not only a great general health resource but also an amazing knowledge hub for the LGBT community.
A Summary of Their Resources
- Extensive subpages: the CDC takes a comprehensive approach to their information and has pages tailored for all subsets of the LGBT community including our youth
- Compiled newsfeed: lists interesting and prevalent articles relevant to the LGBT community
- Testing site locator: this locator is integrated into their homepage and allows you to search for HIV/STD testing facilities based on zip code
- Studies and stats: the CDC has a variety of statistics about HIV/STD rates, mental health topics, and other pertinent health issues
- 3rd party resources: in addition to their own sponsored content, the CDC features links to other reputable resources such as the American Psychiatric Association, The Institute of Medicine, the Fenway Institute and more
Are you looking for quality, non-discriminatory healthcare? Request an appointment
But Wait, There’s More!
In addition to their LGBT-specific resources, the CDC is an all around great health and wellness resource. They cover virtually any health topic you can imagine including an extensive tab on all travel-related health issues.
So take a visit to the CDC and discover the ways it can enlighten, educate, and inspire you!